Current Career Goals
To apply my management education and experience in a
position of leadership of technical people and processes within an
organization that can provide a challenging, long-term career path.
MBA, Weatherhead School of Management,
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1992,
Management Information and
BS, Biomedical Engineering, Case Institute of
, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1986,
Computers, Biomechanics, minor in Acting and Theater
- Senior Product Manager, 2004 - present
- President/Owner, 1998 - 2004
- General Partner, 1999 - 2004
NewMedia, Inc., currently Brulant, Inc.
- Cleveland Branch Manager, 1997 - 1998
- Director of Applications Development, 1995 - 1997
- Project Manager, 1993 - 1995
- Programmer/Analyst, 1991 - 1993
Seybold Solutions, Inc.
- Director of Programming, 1989 - 1991
University Hospitals, Department of Nuclear Radiology
- Programmer II, 1988 - 1989
Case Western Reserve University, Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Research Assistant, 1985 - 1988
As Senior Product Manager for Axentis, Inc.,
primary responsibilities include:
- Requirements gathering and definition
- Functional specifications
- Prioritization of product features based on needs of:
- Current Clients
- Prospective Clients
- Target Clients
- Corporate Strategy
- Integration with Engineering re:
- Impact analysis
- Release schedule
- Resolving technical issues with business needs
- Optimizing efforts, finding synergies
As Branch Manager for NewMedia, Inc.:
- Managed three separate profit centers (lines of business), totalling $10M in annual revenue:
- Customized Application Development
- Network Services
- Certified Education
- Managed branch metrics to corporate standards, including:
- Sales growth
- Gross profit
- Net profit
- Labor costs
- Overhead costs
- Personnel turnover
- As part of a corporate team, participated in and led
the design and implementation of operational programs, including:
- Project Management Standards
- Best Practice Disciplines, including Coding and Testing Standards
- Recruiting and Hiring Practices
- Employee Incentive Plans
- Career Path Planning and Employee Training
As Director of Applications Development for NewMedia, Inc.:
- Achieved extremely high annual growth (60% - 100%) in consulting income, gross and net profit.
- Responsible for all Cleveland consulting client relationships, including Key Bank, TRW,
American Greetings, IMG, The Cleveland Clinic, and Reliance Electric.
- Managed major vendor relationships, including Microsoft and Sybase.
Successfully grew two startups from scratch. At its
peak, Integrity Trainers was producing $1M in annual sales.
Contracted by Key Bank to teach their internal Project Management Methodology,
Information Systems Reengineering: Process Fundamentals for Project Managers.
Certified in Microsoft Solutions Framework
- implemented MSF on dozens of development and infrastructure deployment projects.
|Personal and professional references
A list of the IT projects I have led and/or managed available here.